As the Internet continues to grow, it is increasingly important to get your business online. One of the vital tools to help grow businesses online presence is Google My Business. When setup, it allows a business to show in their local area with ease, transforming the process that customers now take in finding the information, product or service they require. With Google My Business being a free to use tool, it really is worth looking in to and will help drive your online presence forward.
“But how does it work? And how beneficial is it to my business?” You may be asking yourself, our guide aims to answer these questions.
Where Does It Appear?
When searching for a business on Google you may have noticed the small profile on the right that appears; that is Google My Business. Below the profile image and map pin, the profile displays buttons for taking users directly to the website alongside directions to the business address. As well as this, further details can be included such as opening and closing hours, phone number and email address along with a reviews section.
How is this useful?
The biggest advantage is the effect that Google My Business has on local searches. To give an example, if you were to search ‘Digital Marketing Agencies In Bromsgrove’, you would find all of the relevant businesses labeled within that sector in your search results. Google also processes this information into a detailed Map of the individual locations, allowing users to compare travel locations, distances and times.Upon searching, users can select the business profile and view relevant information, images and posts along with any reviews that might have been written. Google My Business in hand provides a simple but effective method in which businesses can bring in customers through search. It is a method that is up there in importance with SEO, PPC, and Social Media.
What can you do with Google My Business?
- Update your profile at any time.
- You can download the App which allows editing on the go.
- Media section to showcase your service and products.
- Gives the option to add multiple engaging photos and videos which can be viewed by users.
- Reviews section.
- Gain customer interest and loyalty by encouraging reviews to be written. Businesses with positive reviews showcased will benefit from a higher click through and conversion rate.
- Regular posts.
- Businesses have the option to post on the profile page with company updates and news. Share your latest offers through photos, videos or simple text.
- Gain detailed reports and analytics data on what Google My Business brings to your business. This allows businesses to track calls, website visits and user events such as finding directions to the location.
With all of this to gain, Google My Business stands as a free to use tool, it has the potential to drive huge amounts of traffic and interest to businesses and brands which in turn leads to more conversions, relationships and recognition.
Need a helping hand?
If you would like more information about Google My Business or would like us to set it up for you, feel free to contact us to discuss the tool in further detail. You can call our main office line or email the team here at Essential Marketer. Found this post useful? Let us know with a quick tweet! (or through any of our social media platforms)
Examples of the ‘Insights’ feature with a handful of our clients:
Solicitors In London.
137 Golden Cross Lane,